- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your wiki takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Make lots of short pages! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple sentences. So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten really short pages, one right after another. Once you've started, you can build the pages up slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Link your pages together! Links help you and your readers get from one page to another, so whenever you mention the subject of another page, use the "Add a Link" button to make a link to that page. You should also use the front page to link to all of the most important pages on your wiki. Describe what your wiki is about on the main page, and include links to help your readers find their way around.
- Add pictures! A well-chosen picture can make a bland wiki page come to life. When you're writing a page, use the "Add a Picture" button to upload a picture from your computer onto the page.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your wiki to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
A good way to stay up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia is to visit our Staff blog. If at any time you get stuck, feel free to write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
Have fun!-- Sannse <staff />
Touhou Project Wiki
- I did introductions a long time ago before I ever edited that page. Now, since this is a Wikia wiki and it is open, I assumed I was allowed to add the link to the Tohou Wiki at wikia. Since you know about the leave, you know then that they left because they did not like Wikia because of various reasons they could have changed. If the front page was only for you to change, then you could have made it that way. But since that link is not allowed to be linked and you are bypassing a wiki wide block, I'm going to change the link back. If you add it back again, I'll report it.
- I did try being nice and I'm warning you now, good day :) --Imanie 00:52, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
- You have made it clear you were not going to respond (by not responding for a long time) and I have full rights to edit what I want since it's not protected. By signing up to Wikia and creating this wiki, you have already agreed that the type of editing I was doing is allowed.
- I'm not vandalizing your wiki by adding up interwiki links, what I am doing is promoting a wiki site that you don't like, but ties in fully with what your wiki is about.
- The other wiki link was banned because they continue to vandalize any wiki they can that links to the Wikia wiki on Wikia and continue to spam and vandalize the Touhou Project Wiki. You know that very well. I do not work with Wikia and I'm not asking them to unban it because, frankly, the vandal is hurting not only us, but everyone else who wants to link to the new wiki, but you don't want to realize that. Once the petty and childish vandalism stops from a supporter of the new wiki, maybe they will remove their ban. --Imanie 01:14, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
Not to be redundant, but you should also have a IRC channel in which it would be devoted to the site.
If you need help setting that up, just ask!
Nazeo 05:21, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
Can't we talk sir? There is a serious misunderstanding and I want to clear this up.
Have you reviewed the log in which my character was questioned?
I haven't harassed anyone; I just wanted clarification and with everyone shouting at me that was difficult.
I am not a vandal, just a friendly neighbor editor who is confused about a few things.
This has gotten off on the wrong foot and I'm very sorry.
I'm a hard worker, and willing to prove it!
So will you show me the ropes and start over?
Nazeo 08:02, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
Hello, I'm making a hub and I see you do not have a picture. No need to make one (although if you wish to, that's great), for I made 3 mysterious fairies to pick from! Choose between Fairy A, B, or C within 3 days, otherwise I'll have to pick one :P
Thanks for your time! Nazeo 00:17, 13 April 2012 (UTC)